Fire & Perils Cover
A Fire policy (basic cover) will provide cover for damage or destruction to insured property by Fire, lightning or explosion of domestic appliances.
The Fire & perils is an extension of the basic cover and will extend to include the following additional covers:-
• Riot & Strike
• malicious damage
• Special Perils (water perils of flood, blocked drains etc)
• Bush Fire etc.
Important information required in assessing a fire risk will include:-
• The value of property (Buildings, contents like furniture, stocks etc)
• The nature of business / occupancy of the building
• The nature of construction.
• Location of the premises
• State of housekeeping
• Fire Fighting appliances available.
We recommended our clients obtain a professional valuation of properties such as buildings, plant & or machinery to ensure that they are adequately covered.
Other items that can be insured under this policy include;
• Loss of rent following a fire
• Loss of contents of underground tanks following an earthquake and earthquake cover for the swimming pool.